Checklist for Moving House in Dubai, You’ll Ever NeedE. Ali
Home relocation is a delicate process that needs careful preparation to avoid unnecessary stress or confusion as you transition from one home to another.
Packing all of your stuff, determining which items you’ll be parting ways with, changing addresses for utilities and bills, hiring movers in Dubai, and many other processes are necessary. We’ve been assisting individuals with their moves for over 10 years, and the best piece of advice we can provide to customers for reducing move stress is always the same: adequate preparation and organization – especially, the use of a moving checklist.
A moving checklist is the greatest way to take your relocation in stride and chip away at the process piece by piece as you approach the moving day. A moving checklist is a wonderful method to track your progress and give you an indication of how things are going, from choosing your plan of action to determining how you will go about packing and everything in between.
MoversUp movers and packers is a comprehensive collection of moving tools and checklists where you can watch real-time progress and have your moving questions addressed all in one spot!
We’ve also compiled a detailed moving checklist with some of the most crucial activities for you to follow below. Enjoy!
ONE month before moving
- As soon as you know you plan to complete a move home, contact, arrange, engage a mover and verify that movers are available on the next day.
- Start cleaning up your home in different places – closets, outbuildings, garages, etc.
- You should start altering your local address in areas such as postal, insurance, academic records, etc.
- Buy moving boxes and wrapping equipment to assist get things moving – MoversUp movers and packers offer a wide range of moving and packing equipment for every relocation.
TWO weeks before moving
- Begin with canceling all the services you receive around your house that are linked to your previous address – internet, cable, journals, or workplace.
- Remember that every local utility company knows the precise day when you may stop charging for services at your former home address.
- Start the packaging procedure and space by space to avoid becoming overwhelmed. Be sure to label and organize boxes correctly so that you know where all is moving.
One week after moving
- Finish any cleaning last minute around your house and make sure everything looks great as you walk out of the office.
- Continue packing all your items and attempt to get them done before the day of movement. Donate goods for a charity purpose or sell them, when possible, for stuff you no longer need.
- Make transport preparations for the day you move so that you know how to get to the new site. If you have children or animals, make a plan that meets your needs and find out where they’re when you move home.
- Mail any address changes so that you may get your information from your new spot.
- Contact your moving company and double-check that all is fixed in stone for the following day. We will give you a pre-move email to confirm all of the key aspects of your home movement when you move with MoversUp movers and packers.
- Enforce the removal and packaging of any broken things from dressers.
- Take some money to keep you busy throughout the move. This could be helpful if you want to feed everybody with pizzas or snacks!
- Conduct one final house and device cleaning.
- Upon arrival in your new house, purchase an indispensable bag for goods. This can include everything from loaders to tooth bubbles, fast munchies, etc.
- Make sure that there is a clear way for transporters to work inside and outside your property.
- Make sure that you are at home when the movers arrive so that when they have issues and questions, they are available to you.
- Once the movers put everything into the moving truck, make one more step away from the house and make sure that there is nothing left behind. Last but not least, let your neighbors say farewell.
Guide to moving house in Dubai: Your six-step checklist:
Moving house in Dubai must never be difficult in certain preparation and organization
It might seem like a daunting proposition to move between villas or flats in Dubai. Structure the correct documents, deal with moving firms at the right time and ensure that both homes are well prepared… Leaving and moving into another house seamlessly offers several problems.
But don’t worry because this guide offers all you need to organize in Dubai for hassle-free movements.
Arrange a moving company in Dubai
Some individuals may opt to forget the cost of a moveable company, especially if they move to a nearby home. But any relocation requiring the transportation and/or driving of large items will be worthwhile for a moving company.
In Dubai several mobile businesses may give extra maintenance, cleaning, and laminating services in addition to packaging and transporting your goods back to your new house – where they will also unpack them and position your items according to your directions.
Spend a few days sorting your possessions (so that the movers can simply classify) after selecting a day for a moving business, and rid themselves of any surplus.
Transfer your internet/TV services
Visit the Etisalat or Du Store before relocating to your new house and explain that your services must be transferred to a new location. Take your ID, copy of your passport, and new tenancy. Your next bill is supplemented by a modest transfer charge. A technician usually takes around 2-4 days, so you may schedule a specific day with Etisalat or yourself if you allow yourself enough time.
It is also important to confirm which service provider is accepted in your new house because many accept Etisalat or you exclusively. If your former address is opposed to the provider, discuss this with them, as transferal possibilities are sometimes available or cancelations may be necessary.
Apply for the services of Ejari and transfer
Contact DEWA and tell him about the transfer and deposit to a new address around one week before your scheduled move date. You have to settle any outstanding costs and enter the Ejari contract for your new house to effectively move your DEWA account.
The Ejari is available online and costs around 5% VAT plus AED385 extra. You must examine and download the following papers to register for the Ejari online: tenant passport, tenant visa of the UAE, tenant Emirates ID, tenancy contract, rented property title certificates, the latest DEWA account or connection receipt, and the landlord’s passport.
After those papers are submitted and the costs are paid, the application will be processed and an Ejari contract will be accessible in 1-2 working days. Ejari contracts are required for all rental villas and flats in Dubai, thus this is a critical step in relocating.
Obtain a permit to move from the new building
Many buildings and communities in Dubai need tenants to acquire licenses to move in and leave, so verify what is necessary on both sides of the moving procedure. If you’re moving into a villa, this may not be necessary, but it’s worth checking with the landlord or management firm to prevent any surprises.
If relocation permission is required, you will most likely be required to provide your tenancy contract, Ejari, passport copy, and visa copy – as is the case with Emaar homes. Aim to do this one week before your move date.
Restore the property to its original condition
Villas and apartments in Dubai are prone to wear and tear, especially if you have lived in the same property for an extended period. Make a list of everything that needs to be mended, painted, or cleaned around the house.
As previously said, many moving firms offer services to restore the home to its original condition, or you may contact cleaning and maintenance agencies to finish the task. You should plan on doing this 1 – 2 days before returning the keys to the landlord.
On the other hand, ensure that you conduct an official examination of your new property so that you are not held accountable for any existing problems or damages.
Get your money refunded
After successfully transferring all of your possessions from your old house to your new home, coordinating the necessary papers and reconnections, and leaving your former property in pristine condition, there is only one thing left to do: receive your deposit returned.
This should be a simple process, but you must ensure that your money is refunded. If the location is in its original state, no charges will be filed. Negotiate with your prior landlord to reach a reasonable settlement if there is some discretion over damage costs.