What is the Average Cost of Local Moving in Dubai, and Why is it So Expensive?E. Ali
Houses in Dubai are scheduled to be relocated in the near future. And are you wondering how much it will cost? The cost of moving to Dubai is determined by the size of your belongings as well as a number of other factors. MoversUp experts have put together this guide to help you understand the costs associated with the process and how movers and packers in Dubai determine the price.
Factors that affect the cost of moving
When calculating the cost of moving in Dubai, movers and packers consider the following factors:
- Size of your belongings: The larger your furniture and other belongings are, the more money it will cost to move them to your new home.
- The distance from your current residence to your new residence: The longer the distance, the higher the price tag will almost certainly be. If you’re moving within the same building, you can expect to pay less.
- Moving to another Emirate: The price of moving from Dubai to Another Emirate is higher than that of relocating within Dubai.
- And packers in Dubai typically charge a premium for their services: If you go with such businesses, you won’t have to worry about delays, damages, losses, hassles, or hidden fees. They are also connected with insurance companies, allowing you to obtain insurance for your expensive products.
- Moving day: Movers in Dubai may charge more on busier days. The weekend is when most Dubai residents move, and Saturday is the busiest day. Moving on Fridays may be more expensive because it is a non-working day.
- Additional charges: May apply if your movers and packers are required to climb stairs or use special packing materials for sensitive items such as paintings. You may also be charged extra if you need to transport large items, such as a grand piano.
What exactly is included in the service?
When you request a quote, the moving company in Dubai will conduct a survey of your furniture and other belongings. Your movers and packers will disassemble the furniture and properly package everything on moving day. That which will then be safely transported in a truck. If you don’t want to do it yourself, the movers can dash the furniture and unpack various items after you arrive at your new home.
How long do moving services take?
Moving the contents of a studio or one-bedroom apartment usually takes a day. It may take two to three days for larger homes. So, make sure to plan ahead of time.
Typical cost of moving
Moving to a new home within Dubai typically costs between:
- Studio apartment: AED 800 – 1000
- One-bedroom apartment: AED 1100 – 1500
- Two-bedroom apartment: AED 1800 – 2,400
- Three-bedroom villa: AED 4,000 – 5,000
To get an accurate estimate, you should consider getting quotes from Dubai movers.
How to Reduce Moving Costs?
Because one of the primary factors influencing the cost of moving is the size of your furniture and other possessions, you should try to declutter and consider donating, selling, or getting rid of everything you no longer need. This will allow you to significantly reduce the price. Another effective way to save money when moving is to request and compare estimates from various moving companies in Dubai. You’d be surprised how much money you can save by doing some comparison shopping. Remember that it is not a good idea to go with the first moving quote you come across or to choose the most affordable option without first checking the accreditations and testimonials of the moving company. You should get free quotes from several moving companies in Dubai and compare them not only on price but also on the quality of services they offer.
Other costs to consider
- Transferring Telephony and Utility companies Connections: To move your own DEWA link to your new residence, you’ll need to pay an administrative fee of AED 120, as well as a fee of AED 100 for the telecom link.
- Move-out painting services: You may need to repaint, and if you need a one-bedroom flat repainted back to some time or off-white, the cost will be around AED 750 — 850.
- Pest management, sanitization, and services for current residents: You may also want to reserve some extra home services to make your new home comfortable, safe, and sanitary. For example, to avoid encounters with common pests such as cockroaches, ants, and bed bugs, you can book a move-in pest management service, which costs AED 299 for a two-bedroom apartment. You can book move-in handyman services for all of these tasks for as little as AED 150 per hour.
- Storage: You may also need to rent storage space on a short-term or long-term basis. For example, if you’re moving from a larger to a smaller apartment and don’t have enough space to fit all of your belongings or need some time to figure out what to do together, you can get a storage device.
MoversUp only works with vetted and accredited movers and packers in Dubai to ensure that you have a hassle-free experience and peace of mind during the moving process. It is simple to obtain free quotes from various moving companies. Furthermore, you can read customer reviews and check accreditations on the internet to make an informed decision.
Leave a Reply