This Checklist Will Make Your Move So Much EasierE. Ali
Don’t forget to gather the necessary moving supplies when packing for a moving in Dubai. These supplies are available online as well as in a variety of local stores. It will save you time and make your move go more smoothly. By creating a detailed checklist, you will be able to identify which items will require special attention during your move/transportation. Here are some things to think about if you’re self-packing. However, if you are short on time or energy, MoversUp offers both partial and full moving and packing services in Dubai.
Types of Boxes
Boxes are essential for a smooth move. It is critical to have a variety of box sizes on hand so that you do not overpack your boxes and end up with damaged belongings. You don’t want to rush your move, and you don’t want any delays.
Larger items may necessitate the use of extra-large or large boxes. Smaller boxes will be required for delicate and heavy items. For fragile or unusually shaped items, you’ll need to understand the differences in box sizes.
The most common type of moving box is cardboard. Renting plastic moving boxes/bins is becoming increasingly popular. It is critical to remember that the type of moving box you select will have a significant impact on how well your items are packed. It is critical to select the appropriate type of moving box for your belongings. More information is available.
Small Moving Boxes
- Ideal for heavy items like books or delicate items (e.g. collectables).
- They are easy to use and perfect for kitchenware and pantry items.
Medium Moving Boxes
- Perfect for small appliances and other household items
- Compatible with most dish packs and inserts for glassware.
Dish Pack Kit
- Compartmentalized boxes to hold dinner plates, salad plates and saucers.
- You can isolate and enclose each piece with foam padding in some kits.
Glass Pack Kit
- Compartmentalized boxes to store glassware, crystal, and stemware
- You can isolate and enclose each piece with foam padding in some kits.
Large Moving Boxes
- This is ideal for light- and medium-weight products like throw pillows, lampshades and clothing
Extra Large Moving Boxes
- It is ideal for bulky, but lightweight, soft goods such as comforters, blankets and clothing.
- Many boxes are equipped with a hanger bar that allows you to transfer your shirts, blouses, and suits straight from your closet into the box.
- To accommodate longer items like dresses and pants, look for them in a variety of heights
- If you haven’t kept the original packaging of your home electronics, find one that is specifically sized for your home entertainment devices, such as surround sound stereos, streaming media players, and gaming systems.
- For heavier applications, reinforced boxes with thicker walls
- Ideal for packing electronics, books collections, and dishes
Make a List of Everything in Your Home and Determine What Boxes You Will Need?
Going through each room of your house and making notes is a great way to organise your moving supplies. Examine the contents of each room to see which items may necessitate the use of special boxes, such as the ones described above. Next, figure out how many boxes you’ll need for each room. Large boxes for pillows and bedding, wardrobe boxes for clothes, and small boxes for shoes and jewellery may be required in your bedroom. However, for glassware, dishes, and appliances, your kitchen may only require small or medium boxes.
How Many Boxes Do I Need?
There is no exact formula for estimating how many boxes you will need for your move. Because each household is unique, each estimate will be different. Here’s a general guideline: A three-bedroom house may require 70 to 150 boxes, depending on how full it is and the packing style used.
When estimating the number of boxes, you will need to move, there are a few things to consider:
- You need to consider the number of rooms in your house. The more rooms you have the more you’ll need to pack.
- The number of years you’ve lived in the house – the more likely you are to have accumulated items over time.
- Your household size is a key factor in how many things you can pack.
- Your home’s square footage. A one-bedroom apartment is likely to be easier to pack than a three-bedroom home.
- How you live when it comes down to purchasing personal and household possessions. Do you like to keep things close to your chest or prefer to be minimalist?
Here’s a list of some of the tapes you might be interested in. Whatever type of tape you use, make sure it’s long-lasting and has a strong adhesive.
- Packaging tape: The most common type of tape for sealing boxes
- Shipping tape: Can be used to replace packing tape
- Use masking tape for labeling boxes
- Duct tape and strapping: For reinforcing or closing heavy boxes
- Painter’s tape is used to label electronics and small items
For many years, a good pair of scissors will serve you well.
This handy gadget makes it easy to quickly and evenly apply the tape.
To disassemble furniture, you’ll need a screwdriver and pliers. These tools are also useful for quick repairs during packing and unpacking.
This can be used to wrap fragile items or to cushion boxes containing breakables. You can wrap oddly-shaped or over-sized items with it.
Furniture pads / Moving blankets
To protect larger items like consoles and appliances, you can use blankets or pads. Protect your items from scratches and dents.
These tarps and cardboard sheets can be placed on high-trafficked areas to protect your floors during a move.
Cover / mattress bag
Covers should be specifically made to fit your mattress. They will protect from moisture and debris.
These plastic covers can be used to cover your couch and protect it from damage during transport.
Unprinted News Wrapping Paper
This material is an economical way to wrap fragile items. This paper stock is unprinted and undyed, which gives you the additional benefit of being cleaner and avoiding ink.
These stretchy cords can be used to ensure that your items don’t move or get damaged during a move. These cords can be used to secure items on a hand cart or dolly.
Clear Kitchen Wrap
This everyday wrap can be used to close drawers on items such as nightstands and dressers. You can wrap it around furniture to reduce the risk of scratches.
Hand trucks/carts are also known as dollies or hand trucks. They come in many sizes and shapes. These are great for moving large boxes and heavy furniture from your home to the truck. Dollies can make moving easier. Just be sure to read the instructions and use it as directed.
This tool can be used to quickly open taped boxes and cut clean edges on cardboard.
Baggies made of plastic
These items may be useful for disassembling electronics or hardware. Plastic baggies of sandwich size can be used to store small hardware, such as washers, screws, bolts, washers, and washers. Label them and store all bags together.
Trash bags and trash bins
There will be a lot of packing material and other miscellaneous garbage that you’ll accumulate during your move. Make sure you have trash bags and cans for proper disposal. If you want to add extra protection to your pillows or linens, trash bags can be used.
Sticky notes or paper
It is a good idea to have a notebook or something to write down reminders and notes during your move.
Label your boxes with a marker and keep track of all your belongings. You’ll be happy you took the time and labeled the boxes according to the room when you begin unpacking.
A variety of cleaning products will be required to ensure a smooth transition from your current home and to provide a fresh start in your new place. Don’t get distracted by the packing process and forget to clean up afterwards. Here’s a list of cleaning supplies you should have on hand for your move.
Professional moving company in UAE, should be aware that many household cleaners cannot travel on moving trucks:
- Use paper towels
- Window cleaner
- Bathroom cleaner