10 Things To Expect From Moving And Storage Companies In Dubai
Hiring a moving company is not as easy as it seems. Finding a reliable one can be challenging. Moreover, trusting strangers with your worldly belongings is nerve-wracking. Choosing a moving company is a ride full of ups and downs. However, the moment you sign a contract with a trusted house moving company, things will start getting smoother throughout the journey.
Most people start looking for a moving company at the very last moment. That can be a huge mistake—one that would shift your focus from your kid’s admission to planning the move. If this is your first time hiring a moving company, this guide will help you understand everything that Movers will help you with.
Here’s What to Expect from Moving and Storage Companies:
- If you have hired a full-service moving company, they will be responsible for doing everything—from packing to moving, everything! Full-service movers are not hard to find, but finding the right fit can be a little tricky. Here’s what a full-time moving company will help you with:
- Bringing all the packing material with them:
They will bring all the packing supplies used in safely packing your belongings. From boxes to bubble wraps and furniture blankets, they will have everything that might be needed. If the moving company asks you to buy all the packing material used in the process, say no to their services. The professional moving companies in Dubai will always have everything available and wouldn’t make the customer run to the store nearby. Reminder: moving companies are responsible for bringing convenience to you. It is not the other way around.
- They will pack your belongings:
You can hire a moving company for their moving services as well. However, a full-service moving company will be responsible for packing your belongings. They mostly send someone to assess the items, and then they come with all the packing material that would be used.
- They will disassemble your furniture.
Full-service movers would disassemble the furniture themselves. It is not safe for you to do it yourself because the process can give you a month-long injury. Moving companies in Dubai have skilled staff who will disassemble everything and use furniture blankets and extra padding to secure the furniture from any possible damage.
- They will load/unload the belongings too:
This is where you will have to lift heavy items and possibly get a sprain. Moving companies are responsible for loading and unloading your belongings.
- Will use closed vehicles to transport your belongings:
Whether you are moving within your city or across the country, full-service movers will drive your belongings to the destination. They also offer international moving so you can lay back and let them do their thing! Reminder: don’t sign a contract with a moving company that expects you to rent out the moving vehicle. That’s not your responsibility.
- Unpacking your belongings and assembling the furniture:
The moving companies in Dubai have a trained team that comprises electricians and handymen responsible for unpacking your belongings and assembling the furniture. They will also set the belongings wherever you would want them to go.
2. Always expect legitimacy from the movers you are hiring. They should be licensed and insured. Will you trust an unregistered moving company with your belongings? We don’t think so. Please don’t feel bad about wanting to see their license.
3. Expect reliability, compassion, and professionalism from your movers. The company should have customer ratings and reviews that you can go through. If you were to plan a move yourself, you’d have difficulty managing everything in time. However, this isn’t what you should expect from a moving company. A moving company will ensure that every task is performed timely. From packing to transporting your goods, expect them to manage everything in a way that nothing gets disturbed, damaged, or delayed.
4. When you are hiring one of the storage companies in Dubai, expect them to let you access your belongings whenever you need to. If you want to take something from the stored belongings and leave the rest, there shouldn’t be a problem.
5. Storage companies in Dubai let you store more than just household items. If you have antique pieces lying around your house, you can contact a storage company and store them in a storage area easily accessed. If you are going on a tour and don’t know where to keep your cat, you can store it in a storage area and get it back when you’re in town again.
6. If you want to access the storage area often, find one that is close to your area. However, if you don’t want to visit the area often to pick up/drop off your belongings, the ones outside the city would work great. The distant ones would cost you less as well. It comes to your need after all.
7. Most storage companies are responsible for collecting the goods themselves rather than expecting you to drop them in the storage area. They will also drop your goods at your doorstep when you would want them back. Expect storage companies to add this up in the package that they are offering to you.
8. Expect the storage area to be temperate controlled, so the goods remain safe. You can opt for basic storage areas if you have general household items to be stored. However, you would require a climate-controlled storage area to store sensitive items like antiques and musical instruments. Items like books and paintings get damaged due to temperature changes, but this wouldn’t happen if you opt for a temperature-controlled storage area. Expect the storage company to educate you about it and offer what’s best for you.
9. You can store your items for as long as you want. There’s no pressure or commitment to the length of time that you might be looking at. Whether you need to store the belongings for a few days or a few months, storage companies in Dubai wouldn’t restrict you with a timeline.
10. Always make sure that you sign a contract with the moving and storage companies that you are hiring. Everything should be on paper, signed by both parties. Expect everything to be crystal clear. A contract will ensure that nothing goes wrong in the future.
What to expect from a moving and storage company can be challenging to understand, especially when you are about to use their service for the first time. It is already too much to trust strangers with your belongings, so it can be a little hard to understand how the complete process goes.
We have mentioned ten things that you should expect from a moving and storage company in Abu Dhabi. Furthermore, the most important thing to expect is for them to be clear about everything. They should be able to answer every query that you might have. Too much information and too little information can misguide you a lot; expect transparency from them, and the ride will get smooth and fun!